Blah Blah Blogging Along

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Where have I been?

Man, I haven't blogged since Tuedsay and it's Saturday! And I get mad when the bloggers I read don't blog every day! Well no one reads my blog and if they do its not like they are gonna be left hanging from the last post so I think they will live! I mean I'm not writing for LOST or anything! ;)

Rough week! Lots of work to do, Jake was not feeling well, oh and then last night we lost power and it didn't come back on until 5am this morning. Man it was cold in here! We had 2 comforters, a quilt and a blanket on the bed. I slept in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and SOCKS!!! You have to know that I cannot have anything on my feet when I sleep so this was really something!!! Yeah, this morning the thermostat said 55 but I have no idea if it was right or not because I'm not sure if it works on electricity or not! LOL! But I do know it was darn cold! We normally keep the house at about 69.

Lots to do today, I had to get up and bake brownies for the Winter Carnival at school, they are having a fund raiser for a boy who has a life threatening disease that is called ALD (well that's the short version) the long version I can't even say nevermind spell! Gotta drop the truck off for a new muffler, clean house, and start stripping wallpaper in the kitchen to paint! Now that we found out the stair tread wont be in for a month off to the next project! :)

Oh and more big news! My friend Cindy has two new kits up at www.scrap2gether.com! Woohoo! Check it out under Artist Cindy Simon! They are called Torino (in honor of the Olympics) and the other is Rebecca Rose (in honor of her beautiful little girl). Very fun kits!

So better go get showered so I'm actually ready when we have to go! Have a great weekend!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

We lost power for several hours yesterday, too..... it bites, huh? Ultimate bordom!

Anonymous said...

*ahem* I happen to read your blog! ;)

Stripping wallpaper is not my idea of a fun day, but the end result will be stunning I'm sure. What colour did you decide on for the kitchen?

Anonymous said...

Well thank you for that lovely plug! :)

I hope you're planning to take lots of before/during/after photos for your renovation. Should I make you a Home Depot kit? LOL! I'm sorry you guys suffered through the cold night. That must have SUCKED.

Anonymous said...

eeek no power all night! that sucks wind badly!

And I check your blog every single day, may not always comment but I do read it.

I have to agree with Rach stripping wallpaper is not fun and there are soooo many uhhhs you can hide with wallpaper. I know we sure found out how many, hope the gods are good to you and you get your kitchen back to normal right quick.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam I was left hanging , lol.
I love your writing style in here it is so enjoyable to read, like a letter from a friend. :-)