Blah Blah Blogging Along

Friday, May 26, 2006

Long Weekend!!!

Woohoo! I've got today off and the weekend free!!! It all started because we thought the boys had no school today. I had a very old and very wrong school calender on the fride. It said there was a Teacher's Workshop today. So since Michael's parents are leaving for Alaska next week for the whole summer we decided to take today off to go up till Saturday to see them. We haven't been up in quite some time. LONG STORY!!! Anyway, we find out on Wed there IS school on Friday but since Michael is racing on Sunday and we have some very dear friends coming in to see us from out of town on Monday we can't stay the whole weekend so we decide we are going anyway. Well to make this long story even longer, Wed night, the Camaro breaks and on Thurs morning Michael decided he wanted to stay up for the whole weekend. Well I said I didn't want to, we had plans, Jake has a game on Sunday, I want to do some stuff for the bbq on Monday and clean the house on Sunday (and maybe squeeze some scrapping in)! We told Jake's coach we would be at the game. Well Jake wants to stay in Maine, he hasn't seen his cousins in a long time! I'm outnumbered, looks like we are staying. Then Michael calls me at work and says why don't I just take the boys up and come home on Monday? I don't really like to do that because when my SIL never goes up with my BIL I always feel bad for him. It's like she doesn't want to be with them or the family. But I've never done it and he tells me it's OK and that it will be good for him to get away with the boys and so here I am home on my own! So I took the day off today for nothing but I'll get some stuff done around here, go to the bank, grocery store and PO and not be rushed! Yahoo!
So can you guess what I'll be doing all weekend? Scrapping my little heart out! I got some fun stuff at the convention last weekend that I'm dying to use! The Basic Grey Ribbons, new Prima flowers, more Junkitz papers!!! and some Fancy Pants papers and huge chipboard! Woohoo!!!
Oh, we have a fun weekend challenge going on at 123-scrap that Chris came up with if you are scrapping so check it out here:
Have a great weekend!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hmmm didn't I tell you NOT TO RUB IT IN!!! LOL
I do hope you have a great productive weekend though :) I will be there in spirit and may even try and scrap myself. That is a great weekend challenge.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! A weekend alone? You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend has been very productive. Enjoy your self and kick back and relax!