Blah Blah Blogging Along

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

My day started yesterday! I got my present a bit early. Michael came home with this little guy. Meet SOX. I said Red Sox since he is reddish in coloring but the rest of the house shot it down so it's just Sox. He is very sweet and adorable! He looks right at you when you walk up to him and he has the most beautiful eyes. He purrs all the time which I'm so not used to because Jasper never purrs! I love it! Right now he is batting at this photo of himeslf on the screen!
Now for those of you that know the Jesse story you know that I refused to get another kitten. The woman at the pet store called me and said she had another orange kitten and I told her No flat out. I even sent Michael in there last week to get dog food and told him he was going for anything we needed until the kitten was gone. Well that didn't work too well! LOL! It's OK, he knew deep down I wanted another one.
It took us most of the day to name him. I love Andrea's kitty's name Cheddar, so perfect for an orange kitty but I didn't want to copy, so I said how about Copper? Shot down by Michael. Jake said Chester, I shot that down. Then I came up with Sunny, Blaze (too horsey), Ginger (too girly), Cinnamon (girly and long), Boots. Michael said Tigger, I said too common. Can you see how it went with kids names? LOL! Plus nothing 'fit' him. I think Sox does.
So we went to the Cheesecake factory in the afternoon. It was a 90 minute wait at 3:30! We had Macaroni & Cheese Balls and Buffalo Fingers for an app., then everyone had pretty good meals. Jake didn't like his fish tacos, and Michael's pasta was so starchy he couldn't eat it but the shrimp was good. Josh loved his little hamburgers and my crab cakes were terrific. Mom's meal was very good but the meat was undercooked so she had it wrapped up to take home and cook it herself. No sending anything back to get spit in! LOL! Got herself a comp dessert for that! :)
Then we all (except Jake he was full) ordered cheesecake! YUMMY! And I had the best latte too! Man I couldn't eat all my cheesecake or drink all my latte they are so stinking huge! And we got a White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake to take home! Woohoo! It was very expensive and the wait was very long but the dessert was so worth it. I will not be asking to go back anytime soon tho. I'm eating the rest of my cheesecake for breakfast this morning I think! We were going to go out for eggs benedict but after how much we spent last night I think we'll skip that!
It's still pouring here today. There are flood warnings out everywhere. The swamps and rivers are very high. Guess today's game is off too. And that means I'm scrapping all day!! Woohoo!
Hope all Mom's out there have a glorious day! You all deserve it! Hugs!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how adorable! Love the name, too!

Anonymous said...

Sox is just gorgeous Pam, and I think the name is perfect. What a wonderful addition to the family :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW! He's so cute! I so want a kitty that purs and likes affection. Our kitty never purs and doesn't ever want to be touched. I hate that! I NEED another cuddly kitty!
I've never been to cheesecake factory. I heard that it is wonderful, but expensive. Glad you had a wonderful time!