Blah Blah Blogging Along

Monday, March 5, 2007

No Pictures Yet

I know what kind of scrapbooker am I? LOL! A perfectionist one! I want to take the photos when it's complete. The stairs will not be done until the weather gets better. Honestly the floors look gorgeous! Take my word for it! ;) They are a bit hard to get used to though. My wonderful husband is a freak! You literally cannot step off the rug at the front door with a shoe on, you can't drop a thing on the floor and GOD forbid if the boys drop a toy or laydown and wrestle with jeans on. I have no idea what I was thinking when I said I wanted hardwood! He's all about keeping them prestine and not living. I understand how hard he worked on them and all but come on, this is real life, the floors are going to get a little beat up ya know? Bad thinking on my part. I already put the first dent in them when we were moving my desk back in place. One of the adapter plugs fell off the desk and dented the floor! Not a happy moment.
So that pretty much sums up my weekend. Hope you all have a terrific Monday!

7 comments :

Kristi Smith said...

We have wood laminate floors and they look really good. Most people that don't have real wood floors think it is real wood!!! Although they are more durable then wood we already have a big scratch across one area but you can't really see it.

Your hubby will lighten up after awhile. I would be the same way if I did all that work!!! We just built this house in April and I was a mess at first worrying about any little mark on the walls etc... Then we bought our puppy and my nieces stayed with us and they all broke the house in. Now we can live comfortably=).

Anxious to see the pics! We put the wood laminate in the whole upstairs except for our bedroom and Cole's and we put tile in the bathrooms. If you look at the photos of our house, I think you will be surprised how good they look. I have seen some really bad laminate and I was really scared to put it in our house but we were afraid to put real wood in our kitchen and we would have had to cut back somewhere else in the house because of the cost!!!

Kristi Smith said...

Did I just write a book? =)

Anonymous said...

OH!! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see :)

I love your new header!!! how CUTE!!! thanks for using lauren and my kit! it looks perfect there :)!

Grandma September said...

We have Pergo laminate floors and love them too. And don't feel bad about the ding, it's life. LOL maybe you should scrapbook it! We've had our floors about 8 or 9 years now and just the other day I noticed that someone must have dropped a FORK, tines down by the refrigerator door!!! Go figure.

Anonymous said...

Love the new header! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my DH! He just HAD to have an Italian leather sectional. He is such a freakazoid about keeping the seat part covered. Sometimes, it's hard to enjoy. We have two kids, two puppies, and a cat -- we will never have anything quite in perfect condition! I empathize with you. lol

Rachael said...

Give him a little time to bask in his glory and I bet he will settle in to real life again! ;)