Blah Blah Blogging Along

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tagged Twice!

First tag from Lizzy is about books. Since I'm at work the only books around are software related. I had the Learning Perl book on my desk when I saw this tag so that's what you get! Exciting huh?

Here's how you play:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

A fairly common use of a global replacement is to collapse whitespace; that is, to turn any arbitrary whitespace into a single space:

an example is posted before the next sentence

Once we show collapsing whitespace, everyone wants to know about stripping leading and trailing whitespace. Thats easy enough, in two steps:

And another example

Just as we did with m// and qw//, we can change the delimiters for s///.

For this tag I'm tagging: Kristi, Debbie, Lynette, Janette, and Dawn! Have fun ladies!

And on to tag #2 from Dawn:
What were you doing Ten years ago? I was living in the same house I live in now, was pregnant with my 2nd son and working at Sanders in Merrimack as a Configuration Manager.

What were you doing one year ago? Living in the same house in Litchfield, working at Airvana in Chelmsford, MA.

Name five favorite snacks: Lime flavored Tortilla chips, peanut butter m&ms, brownies, dove dark chocolate

Name five things you would do if you were a millionaire: Pay off all my bills, Pay off all my mom's bills, buy my mom a condo, invest some money and move somewhere warm!

Name five things you like doing... scrapping, digi scrapping, reading, chatting on my scrapping message boards, reading friends blogs

Name five things you would never wear again... parachute pants, big hair, bright eye shadow (it looks awful on me) , a bikini (well only because I can't!), maternity clothes.

Name your five favorite toys... my rebel, my computer, my crop-a-dile, my cell phone, my kitchen aid mixer

And that's it for me. I'm tagging: Hallie, Blender Kimmie; Lizzy; Donna and Rachael!

6 comments :

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi, Pam!

I just realized I did the meme incorrectly! LOL How funny is that? I only copied the fifth sentence on pg. 123, not three sentences! Glad you know how to read instructions better than I do!! Thanks for playing along, and thanks for tagging me with your meme. This is a new one (at least to me, I haven't seen it before) it's cute! I love your answers and totally agree with the snacks you've chosen and the things you won't wear anymore! (parachute pants and big hair, you're too funny!) :o)

Lizzy

Randal L. Schwartz said...

It's amazing how many people have "Learning Perl" near them. I see them all!

Kendra said...

LOL! That first tag is funny to me because the closest book is the Instructor's Manual for Will's reading program. Not nearly as exciting as your book!

kimmy said...

I love all your favorite snacks too! Anything chocolate or peanut butter is an instant hit in my house!

Kimmy

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I'll do my tagging tomorrow. I love your list!!

Hallie

Grandma September said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hugs,
Tember

-who is NOT learning PERL. LOL