Blah Blah Blogging Along

Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to the Grindstone

First let me start by saying Happy Birthday to my dear friend Cindy Simon!

Happy Birthday Cindy!

It was a fabulous 4 days off! I got a lot done, saw some movies, scrapped both digi and paper pages and had a great time! Started off Thursday with a fabulous day spent with Family, Food and Fun! I ate way too much and am starting a very strict diet and going to start at the Gym this week so hopefully it won't matter much in no time! :) We watched Transformers and Harry Potter 3. Yeah, I'm a bit behind. I'm only now reading book 4 so I'm getting there! :) Transformers was very cool and of course who doesn't love Harry Potter! I have to say that I thought I wouldn't like these books/movies but I do! I got most of my Christmas decorations up on Friday. I say most because the outside lights are not done because my wonderful DH was so busy helping out friends in need that he just didn't have time. Poor guy worked all day Friday because his boss needed him, then Saturday he spent the day at my injured neighbor's house building him a wheelchair ramp and doing his fall cleanup. Then on Sunday he helped out our good friend who has the broken knee by going thru his whole plow route and installing the plow stakes. There were 70 of them to install in frozen ground! FUN! Needless to say he barely had any time to himself nevermind to put up my lights which he so hates to do! LOL! Hopefully this coming weekend we'll get the tree and get the lights up!

Oh and Jake got his top braces put on Friday morning. He's doing great so far, brushing after every meal, and eating good stuff. We'll see how long it lasts. I tell you after the $6100 pricetag he better take care of them! I took photos along the way and will post them in a layout at some point but here is a page of the finished product so far...

I also worked on my next hybrid project for the Hawt Mama's blog, and some Christmas gifts! All in all I'd say it was a very productive weekend!

Hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

10 comments :

~dawne said...

Hey girlie...I LOVE this page, the design is great!! Glad your holidays were filled with fun!

Janette said...

Happy Birthday Cindy. And what a handsome smile your Son has! :) Such a cute LO. I'm glad you had a happy weekend!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Why are his braces that expensive? My son Connor got his top braces on 6 months ago and just recently got the bottoms. We are only paying $3600.00.

Straight teeth are so costly!!

Wouldnt it be nice if people with crooked teeth were REVERED in our society? :-)

Hallie

Cindy said...

SMOOOOOOCH!! Thank you for the love and wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

You are always such the busy little organized beaver. Your way ahead of me girly!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cindy!

Cute layout Pam, we will be looking at bills from braces in 2 years the dentist says=)!

I need to go check out this wonderful world of weiners. LOL!

Lynette van Barrelo said...

Hey! Great layout! I looks like 2 of my boys will be needing braces and a daughter too if teeth dont start moving forward soon!

Your husband sounds like a nice person to have around... What a nice man!

Happy birthday Cindy!

Donna said...

I agree with Lynette...nice hubby. We need more photos of him, by the way! Wink wink.

Nice layout. Good job. I was lucky and never had to have braces, but I have been considering those invisible ones lately. Just for a couple teeth that are moving forward in my old age.

Speaking of age...happy birthday Cindy. Hope it was grand!

Pam said...

LOL Donna! I have about as many photos of DH as I do of me! He never lets me take his pic! I did do one digi page of him caring the turkey the other day I'll have to post it!

Dawn said...

Pam that is a GREAT LO! I guess I better start saving my $$ for my son. I still have a few years. LOL! WOW! I can not believe the cost! That is more than double what my parents paid for mine. Yikes!! :-)