Blah Blah Blogging Along

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Updates

The garage is coming along! The foundation is dug and poured and it’s exciting to see some progress! Here is a photo of what it looked like when I got home from work the day it was poured…

IMG_9696

Then it was time to backfill and compact, lots of fill brought in and then packing it down hard. And I thought we were waiting to have the floor poured but today I got home from baseball to see the first wall up. Talk about exciting! I wish I had been here to see the actual standing but we were all the way in Keene so I couldn’t just run home to see it…IMG_9874

On the way back from the baseball game I stopped to take some foliage photos. I was surprised that the colors weren’t better …

 

I also went to an all day crop last Saturday. I made 40 Veteran’s Day cards for Soldiers and a 20 page 8x8 Baby album for a gift for a shower I had to go to on Sunday. It was a great charity crop and awesome to spend a day with friends scrapping. I’m looking forward to taking a Tim Holtz class with another friend at the end of this  month and I also plan on scrapping tomorrow and Monday since it’s a long weekend for me! Oh I forgot to share this page that I did a few weeks ago as well…

pumpkin picking 2009

So that’s what has been going on with us.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment :

Karen said...

I'm so excited for you!! That's a big a$$ garage! It's going to be fantastic when it's done. No more cleaning snow and ice off the car in the mornings. :-D

Kat and I went to a Tim Holtz class last weekend and made 3 Christmas tags. He wasn't teaching, but I love the tags we made and the techniques. This weekend we are going to a Teresa Collins class (actually 2) at a store about an hour and a half from here. Teresa will be there doing the actual teaching. Excited to meet her!!